The school was established in the year 1954 by Late Hirendra Nath Patranavis and his wife Late Leela Patranavis, two visionary educationists having philanthropic ideals. The school was started in a rented house at 4A, Nandy Street, Kolkata–700 019 with a few teachers and about 15 students. In 1986, it was shifted to a building at 25/20 Prince Golam Md. Shah Road, Kolkata–700 095 owned by Late Leela Patranavis. The school received affiliation from the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations in 1988. Eventually, the Primary and Secondary Sections were shifted to a newly constructed building at 24/1, Prince Golam Md. Shah Road, Kolkata–700 033. The ISC Section (Classes XI and XII) commenced from the year 1999 in the new premises.
The school presently has strength of about 1600 students, 72 teachers and 20 supporting staff. There are classes from Nursery to XII, having three streams of study (Commerce, Humanities and Science) in the ISC Section.
In the year 2015 our school completed 60 glorious years in the field of learning.